Share it!

Sunday 12 March 2017

My Name is Caress, and I am a Bath Addict. 

It's true. I grew up in an old farm house, where a showerhead did not exist (except for a brief few months where my sisters friend from in town lived with us, so my parents installed one so that she would feel more "at home", but shortly after she left they took it down because the angle it had to be put in at resulted in a backsplash occurring and it was warping the bathroom flooring - but, this is so besides the point.) So, bathing was our only option! Here, is where the addiction began.  Fast forward to now and I'm a married, mom of a 2.5 year old and am 9 months pregnant with our 2nd. My nightly bath is now a much needed and well deserved 30 minute re-charge and I sometimes find myself counting down the hours until our toddler is fast asleep (because nothing is more tragic than hearing a little knock on the bathroom door when you're only seconds into a hot, soothing, lavender scented escape), and all the necessary house tasks are completed (because the last thing you want to do when you finally peel yourself out of the perfect bath is, the dishes).  Anyways, I figured if I am this passionate of a bath addict, I can't be the only one. And then I thought, if there are others, maybe they'd benefit from reading real, honest reviews of redily available and locally sourced (when possible) bath products. Salts, oils, bombs, bubbles, butters - you name it!  So, this brings me to my first review. The "Drunken Pirate" bath "grenade" from Topher's Beard and Soap Company which I purchased from Duck and Dodo in London, Ontario, over the weekend.  I was tentative on the gender neutral approach of the bath grenades by Topher's, and to be honest, I wasn't sure that a company which sold "'stache wax" and "beard wash" had any business dabbling in the bath game. Was I ever wrong!  I got in on the "4 for $10" deal that was available at Duck & Dodo. The bombs (or "grenades" as they were labelled) aren't that large in comparison to your standard bath bomb but, unlike beards, size does NOT matter in this case. It is very, very clear that these grenades are packed with a punch of high-quality ingredients and not just "filler bombs" which fizz out quickly, don't give off much scent, and have little to no affect on the softness of your post-bath skin. The Drunken Pirate left my bath with that silky, soapy layer you want from a bath bomb. In turn, my skin was left feeling, yes, clean, but also incredibly soft which I wasn't expecting from a bath bomb which caters to mainly men. Thank you to Topher's Beard and Soap Company for proving me wrong, way wrong,  and being an ideal first bath addict review! I look forward to enjoying many more of your scented grenades in baths to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment